26th-30th August 2024
Dalhousie Building, University of Dundee
The most important part of the conference’s success is you.
We need global researchers at all career stages with the skills and understanding necessary to shape contemporary definitions of the issues and progress solutions.
We invite you to IPW10 in Scotland to share science and innovation and promote collaboration.
Theme 1: Understanding P
1. P biogeochemistry in natural and managed wetlands
2. P interactions with C, N and other element cycles in soil and water ecosystems
3. Climate change effects on P ecosystem processes and resilience
4. Challenges of alternative P fertilisers in agriculture: knowledge gaps in catchment processes
5. Rates of P transfers between environmental compartments
6. Detecting and measuring P change in catchments: best practice in P monitoring
Theme 2: Managing P
7. Knowledge and practice concerning legacy P from over-application of fertilisers
8. P pollution mitigation: managing climate extremes across scales
9. P critical source area management: is it fit for purpose?
10. Changing land manager behaviours for better P management: challenges and successes
11. Nature Based Solutions for P management: benefits, socio-economic implications, constraints and policy implications
Theme 3: Transforming P
12. P transformational change models: from theory to model improvement via applications
13. Realising effective P decision-making with and across diverse stakeholders
14. Towards circular frameworks for P recovery and reuse in catchments
15. Potential for digital technologies, big data and AI to transform catchment P science and management
16. Towards a new P Governance
To help you plan your trip and make your visit to Dundee as easy as possible, please visit our Travel & Accommodation page where you will find a wealth of information including how to get here, discounted flights, booking your accommodation, city centre map and more! Visit our Travel & Accommodation page
Or to book your hotel room please click HERE
Prof Marc Stutter, James Hutton Institute, Scotland
Dr Sara Trojahn, James Hutton Institute, Scotland.
Dr Rachel Helliwell, Hydro Nation International Centre, Centre of Expertise for Waters, JHI, Scotland.
Prof Tim George, James Hutton Institute, Scotland.
Prof Roland Bol, Research Centre Juelich (Germany) & Bangor University (UK).
Dr Sen Gu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
Prof Phil Haygarth, Lancaster University, England.
Prof Phil Jordan, Ulster University, N. Ireland.
Dr Peter Kleinman, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Colorado, USA.
Dr Emma Lannergård, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden.
Dr Katrina Macintosh, DairyNZ Lincoln, New Zealand.
Prof Merrin Macrae, University of Waterloo, Canada.
Prof Julia Martin-Ortega, Leeds University, England.
Dr Per-Erik Mellander, Teagasc, Republic of Ireland.
Dr Astrid Oberson, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
Prof Bryan Spears, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Scotland.
Ass.Prof Gabriele Weigelhofer, BOKU Vienna & Wasser Cluster Lunz, Austria.
Prof Dominik Zak, Aarhus University, Denmark.
University of Dundee,